In the few gray years, the author______.
- A.felt helpless and sad
- B.had the help from her friends
- C.never lost hope, and believed that everything would change someday
- D.became very nervous and silent
It can be inferred from the fourth paragraph that ______.
- A.the ancient athletes liked to celebrate their victories
- B.free dinners were offered during the competition
- C.city-states competed with each other to win the Olympics
- D.awards were often stolen to honor the athletes
Guest:Clerk: Certainly. Do you have a reservation? Guest: Yes. The name is Morales. Mr. and Mrs. Morales. Clerk: Here we are. For five nights. Could you fill in the registration card, please? And I'll need your credit card.
- A.I'd like rest here, please
- B.I'd like to rent a room, please
- C.I'd like to check in, please
- D.I'd like to stay in, please
The author suggests that______.
- A.we shouldn't blame a person if he fails to act in emergencies
- B.a person must feel guilty if he fail to help
- C.people should be responsible for themselves in emergencies
- D.when you are in trouble, people will help you anyway
The main purpose of the last paragraph is to______.
- A.show how much the capitalist bosses distrust temp workers
- B.reveal that temp workers are living in misery
- C.arouse reader's hatred for the capitalists
- D.severely criticize the ignorance of the temp workers
The difference between the afternoon high and the evening low is greatest in ______.
- B．Los Angeles
- C．Las Vegas
The Holiday Cottages are located in ______.
- A．the country
- B．the city
- C．the downtown
- D．the suburbs